Sunday, February 14, 2016

PRODUCT REVIEW: Carmex Moisturizing Lip Balm

Hey guys!
So here's a review about the Carmex Moisturizing Lip Balm! I ordered it online from BeautyMNL about three weeks ago (You can check their website here). This is my second purchase from the online shop.

I cannot go on in life without lip balms! I'd choose it over lipsticks to be very honest haha. This is my first time purchasing Carmex and before this I used the Lucas' Papaw Ointment. I've ran out of it recently (I bought it on 2012 and it's already 2016!) and I think despite the amount I've spent on it (It's PHP 450 at most online shops, which is a bit pricey for a lip balm) it's totally worth it because it's so waxy you only need to put a small amount on your lips. 

Prior to purchasing the Carmex lip balm, I have read reviews to see if it really is a good one! Let's see if it cures chapped lips!


So this is my newly-bought Carmex Lip Balm. I really like how the packaging looked, not to fancy or anything (I am not a fan of too cutesy designs in a packaging). It also has a 'click-stick technology'. However, do  not underestimate the power of the safety seal! It took me few minutes to fully peel it and I find it quite inconvenient.


Anyway...


Here's the product information. I really like that it has SPF on it, so I do not have to worry about my lips darkening when I'm outside. Speaking of the ingredients, I'm quite a hypocrite because I'm supposed to use only organic products. As you can see, the balm contains Petrolatum (Petroleum), Lanolin, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candellila) Wax, Ethylhexyl- ok whatever I cannot pronounce that really well. But one thing's for sure - as long as you cannot pronounce that ingredient fast and easy it is not safe. Well, relatively safe for prescribed amounts. 

So, here's my (not-so) dilemma. Every time I buy a lip product, I twist it all the way up to see how long a balm/lipstick is (I don't know I just like doing it). I did it to this Carmex, but then it won't twist down! So I Googled the solution up ('coz I don't want to ruin it! It just arrived at my doorstep when I took a photo of this!), and sadly, I had to push the balm down with a toothpick. You already know how things went after that.



I had to remove the whole sticker of the packaging so that I can see what is the problem with its little mechanism and it was kinda hard because it was extremely glued to the little container. So, yeah this is how it looks right now and it did not even last a day yet. I got quite disappointed.



My lip balm may look like this but hey it's great! Some reviewers do not like that waxy texture but I really like it! The balm lasts more than a day on my lips and it cured my chapped lips! When applying, it leaves a minty taste and sometimes I feel my lips itch maybe due to the Salicylic acid but thankfully, my lips did not darken or get irritated. 

So, here's my ratings for this product!

Price: 4/5
Packaging: 3/5
Ingredients: 3/5
Quality: 4/5
Effectiveness: 5/5
Convenience: 4/5
Would I buy this again?: Yes!
Would I recommend this?: Yes!

I may not have a really good first impression with this product but I'd still buy it because I prefer the effectiveness of this lip balm. So far, I like this better than the Lucas Papaw. It's affordable and makes your lips soft!

'til the next post!!
Always Keep the Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment