Friday, January 30, 2015

My trip to Korea 2014: DAY 5!




Now we're at the last day of the tour!

Kinda bittersweet because I'm gonna leave South Korea but I'm going home!

Taking pictures inside the Ginseng and Amethyst Showcase is not allowed so I'll just proceed with lunch time! (And besides, ginseng and amethyst are expensive ㅋㅋㅋㅋ)


We ate gamjatang here at Song-gabi restaurant which is 24 hours open



Gamjatang consists of pork ribs, potato and onion chives (and other vegetables). It reminds me of the Nilagang Baboy which is pretty much the same visually but instead of the pork ribs, the tender parts (or even the bony parts which we call buto-buto) of the pork is cooked and we add pechay instead of onion chives. Another thing is that gamjatang is quite bland compared to our nilaga. It tastes potato-ey (which is why it's called gamjatang; gamja means potato) and no sodium was added. One thing I noticed in Korean dishes is that they have no sodium. My taste buds didn't detect any hint of saltiness in all Korean foods I ate.  

But my verdict to this dish is that it's really delicious and healthy! 


The restaurant was featured in all leading Korean broadcasting stations! That's how delightful their gamjatang is!


We ate on the floor which is the traditional Korean dining setting and I really liked it!

Then we proceeded to the Digital Pavillion!



There's nothing much here to be very honest. Just an exhibit of different advanced technologies that will be useful in the future.


I really like how these edifices were designed. Definitely a 21st century architecture!


If you're watching in Korean Channels you know this!!!



There's an ongoing bazaar(?) when we went here


SBS, MBC and YTN is located in Gangbuk. It's the former Gangnam of Seoul.


Going back to Incheon Airport....




Bye bye Korea :(( I will definitely be back soon!!

Once you feel like you left a piece of your heart in a different place it means that you already fell in love with it. I fell in love with Korea even before I went there, and now I just want to keep coming back for more. One week is obviously not enough to tour around Korea, and it's really a short time to have a full experience of everything they have to offer. I would love to come back here, but this time with new adventures! 

P.S. My Korea entry does not end here! I still have more so stay tuned!

Always Keep the Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment